Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Train Wreck Mom Strikes Again!

Here's a quick rundown of today so far.

1. I rolled out of the driveway at 8:54. Camden and Hudson needed to be at school by 9:00.  By what I can only attribute to divine intervention, I made it to Camden's school with a minute to spare, and Hudson's teachers happened to wait three extra minutes to end drop-off.

2. It was forty degrees and breezy this morning, and Camden's coat was in Jason's truck, which was at the jail. I drove twenty minutes to Chatham Parkway only to discover Jason had forgotten to leave the coat in the back of the truck for me.

3. I gave Scout a Dum Dum sucker to calm her while we waited for Jason, and she promptly put it in her hair. They call them Dum Dums because dumb-dumb mommies give them to their twelve month old babies and expect them not to put sucker in their hair.

4. By the time I got the coat, the weather was warm and beautiful.

5. I saw a gorgeous home with my friend Barbara that could potentially be a rental house we love. Unfortunately, we admired it right up to 12:05. Hudson was supposed to be picked up by 12:00. I did not have my phone, and I really should start wearing a watch.

6. I fed my kids waffles and Pop-Tarts for lunch.

7. Hudson went ballistic because he lost a game on pbskids.org. When I put him in his room to calm down, he screamed that he hated me and wasn't my friend for five minutes straight.

8. I am supposed to be working on a freelancing article right now, but instead I'm ADD mom who's blogging about her crazy day.

It can only get better from here, right? Right?

1 comment:

  1. LOL, so true . It can only get better, but seriously it is so nice to know i am not the only mom running around like a chicken with its head cut off today :)

    ReplyDelete